Monday, October 15, 2012

Yogurt and flax oil and eggs, oh my!


Hi fido friendlies,

It's Monday! I know for most dogs this isn't the best of days. It means the first of five lonely days in a row of spent napping the day away waiting for their pet parents to arrive home from their human jobs.

For me, it means DESSERT DAY!
Out comes the organic, fat free yogurt, then the flax seed oil, and then the best part of the recipe, one fresh, free-run, organic egg.

IMPORTANT! My dad says NEVER use yogurt with artificial sweeteners (xylitol is one of the most dangerous, sucralose, dextrose, aren't friendly either). 


THE RECIPE 
First my dad pours one cup of yogurt into my bowl.Then he adds a little bit of warm water to it, so it doesn't upset my belly. Next, he mixes in one teaspoon of flax seed oil. The last ingredient is the coup de gras of the dish, one free-run, organic egg.


Yes, the whole egg, shell and all. He crushes it all up into little tiny pieces which is great because the calcium in the shell helps make my bones strong.

In fact, all the ingredients in this dish have health benefits and help prevent ailments.

An easy three-ingredient recipe that takes less time to prepare than the commercial break of your nightly sitcom.

This one of my absolute fave dishes. Not only tasty, but low in calories and full of healthy nutritious goodness. Okay, that's enough blogging for one day, it is dessert day after all! Pony up that dish dad!




Are raw eggs safe?
Some people might be hesitant to give their pooches raw eggs for fear of bacteria, but don't fret. Fresh free-run organic eggs are not likely to contain salmonella. Limit consumption to no more than one egg per week. Read this informative article in Dog's Magazine on feeding eggs to your pooch.

You may want to offer your dog a small sample of the dish the first few times to acclimate his belly to something new. Make half portions for dogs under 50 lbs.

Paws out peeps!

- Rosco

P.S. Post your comments below and let me know if your pooch loves this dish as much as I do. Or, give my dad suggestions for dishes and I'll get him to whip them up for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post your comments and recommendations for other dog blogs. Thanks for reading!