Sunday, October 7, 2012

The day the mini-human moved in...


Greetings peoples,

Rosco the dog-blogger here. This past summer I had a very unusual day. After two days being "indognito" my mommy and daddy showed up at the front door with a odd mixed-look of fatigue and joy.

Rosco and Kensleigh cuddling on the couchThey came through the door and two things became immediately apparent to me. First, my mom must have been at some kind of hardcore boot camp because her enormous bubbled out belly was flat again; and secondly, they must have stopped by the human shelter and picked up a stray because they were carrying a miniature human being with them.

Before they even came through the door, they asked me to back up. I had to stay a few feet away. I wasn’t allowed to get too close at first which was fine with me because I just wanted to see mom and dad. The little human was a brand new baby girl. I could tell by the look of joy on mom’s face, coupled with the look of concern on my dad’s face.

Rosco watching Kensleigh in her chairI was extremely excited to meet her but they wouldn’t allow me to shower her with kisses quite just yet. They politely asked me to lay down and stay; so of course I did. I know which way the cookie crumbles in this house, and when it does I know who will be handing out the pieces. After a few attempts to approach I let out a big sigh and waited patiently.

Then dad turned to me and invited me to smell the mini human. I approached slowly. I figured, if they didn’t want me to get too close at first then I should be cautious. I didn't want another feline fiasco played out on my precious plush face. I smelled the air from a few feet away.

Rosco watching Kensleigh in her swingAfter sitting patiently for a few minutes I was invited to get a little bit closer. My dad even held the mini human’s hand out for me to smell. I got to give one gentle kiss before they ushered me into the kitchen for not one, but a handful of cookie crumbs and cheese. JACKPOT! I already like this new addition. All I have to do is stay calm when I am around her and I get rewarded.

I have heard from other dogs at the park that eventually this mini-human will provide a bounty of dropped food at the dinner table.

I can’t wait...

Salivatingly yours,

- Rosco


 P.S. Next week I am blogging about my dad's secret recipes for tasty, home-made, healthy snacks... Shhh don't tell him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post your comments and recommendations for other dog blogs. Thanks for reading!